2 ears corn, husks removed
5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Freshly ground black pepper
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1 small squash, thinly sliced
1/2 pt. grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 Small jalapeño, minced (optional)
Juice of 1/2 lime
8 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortillas
8 oz. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz. goat cheese, crumbledDIRECTIONS
- Heat grill pan over high heat. Rub corn with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 9 minutes, rotating sides every 3 minutes, until kernels are softened and surface is lightly charred on all sides, then move to plate and let cool.
- Place zucchini and squash slices in medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. On grill pan, arrange slices in single layer; grill for 2 minutes per side or until softened with light grill marks. Move to bowl and grill remaining slices; let cool slightly.
- Cut corn off cobs into large bowl. Add tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeño (optional), lime juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir gently to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 4 tortillas on clean work surface. Place Monterrey Jack cheese on each, dividing evenly, and arrange zucchini and squash slices in single layer on top. Crumble goat cheese on top of each one, dividing evenly. Place remaining tortillas on top of cheese and vegetables and press down lightly.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and grease lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place one quesadilla on skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown; flip and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheeses are melted and both sides are browned.
- Continue cooking remaining quesadillas, then cut into quarters and serve with corn pico de gallo.